Civic Exchange Media and Events Lead
Media and Events Lead (1-year contract, renewable)
Civic Exchange and HK 2050 is Now Climate Change platform
Leveraging the recent commitment to decarbonize HK by 2050 made by HK Chief Executive Carrie Lam in last year’s policy address, confirmed this year, and the recent release of the roadmap to decarbonize. Supports engagement with Civic Exchange partners such as World Resources Institute (WRI), ADM Capital Foundation, RS Group and others, which together have built the branded, independent initiative called “Hong Kong 2050 Is Now” under CEx to support climate action in Hong Kong. The initiative seeks to inspire ambition and mobilize action to move Hong Kong through a cross-sectoral transition towards long term carbon neutrality and set an example for how the city could mitigate the risks of climate change. There is no time for complacency; the initiative is encouraging the government to work through its 2050 goals now while formulating and implementing short- and medium-term policies. This initiative will factor in the broader context of the policy and implementation trends in Mainland China, suggest appropriate linkages; and where possible, propose transformative action in Hong Kong to inspire more ambition among the cities in Mainland China, which currently have relatively conservative emissions peaking targets.
Role of Media and Events Lead, Civic Exchange
- Coordinates among partners to ensure timely delivery of research and the engagement sessions
- Organizes and manages workshops and the public/government engagement strategy
- Coordinates with reporters and manages press and other events
- Works with CEx team to develop policy recommendations from the research
- Coordinates among participants on advisory and technical boards
- Works with team to produce in-depth climate analysis and research
- Condenses relevant research into language understandable by the general public
- Organizes and coordinates workshops and other engagement seminars, partner meetings
- Build strong relationships with government, business, research and NGO partners
- Works with team to develop HK government-focused policy documents based on research
- Degree in environmental field or journalism; Master’s degree is a plus but not required
- At least five years’ experience in reporting or project management in an environmental field, preferably some of that in climate change.
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Ability to develop partnerships is a must
- Comfortable handling press, producing press releases
- Creative and able to inspire and lead a team
- Fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and English in terms of both writing and verbal communications.
- Team player who can be assertive to achieve results, hard worker, self-motivated
We offer a competitive package and great exposure to the right candidate. The contract will last for a year with the possibility of renewal. Please send your CV to Lawrence Iu, Civic Exchange HK 2050 is now Lead: [email protected] Feel free to send any supplementary materials such as writing samples, portfolio, content created previously to be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. All personal data collected will be treated with strict confidence and used for recruitment purposes only. Civic Exchange is an equal opportunities employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.