Civic Exchange Programme Manager
Civic Exchange is looking for a high-caliber candidate as a Programme Manager.
Beyond research and analysis, key elements to the project are public engagement and education – with government, companies, and the public. Our platform is accessible to other NGOs working in Hong Kong on climate change. We aim to maintain the platform to keep close relevance to the corporate sector, including the finance sector with a mandated interest in better understanding the risks and opportunities related to our changing climate. Furthermore, we believe in leveraging the power of public opinion and media as a bridge for communications within our society. Ultimately, this platform strives to present opportunities and helps others imagine a better future rather than frightening them into actions.
Role of the Programme Manager
- Coordinate with project partners to ensure timely delivery of research and the engagement sessions
- Organize and manage workshops and the public/government engagement strategy
- Coordinate with participants on advisory and technical boards
- Work with Civic Exchange’s team to develop policy recommendations from the research
- Full-time position, one-year contract, extendable
- Lead the research team to produce in-depth climate analysis and research
- Oversee the team to develop Hong Kong government-focused policy documents based on research
- Condense relevant research into language understandable by the general public
- Organize and coordinate workshops and other kinds of engagement activities
- Provide technical leadership and coordinate the integration of different project modules
- Drive new initiatives that help to create value for the program
- Undergraduate degree in environmental science and management, environmental economics, sustainable development, and public policy or related disciplines.
- At least 6 years experience in research or project management in the environmental field, preferably some of that in climate change, or equivalent in economics
- Experience in policy research and developing policy recommendations will be an added advantage
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Fluent in Cantonese and English in terms of both writing and verbal communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experiences in developing partnerships is a must
- Creative and able to inspire and lead a team
- Team player who can be assertive to achieve results, hard worker, self-motivated
We offer a competitive package and great exposure to the right candidate. The contract will last for a year with the possibility of renewal. Interested candidates, please send a CV, a cover letter to [email protected] Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. All personal data collected will be treated with strict confidence and used for recruitment purposes only. Civic Exchange is an equal opportunities employer.