Civic Exchange, Hong Kong’s independent public-policy think tank, is recruiting a Senior Research Officer. We are looking for candidates who have research experience in the following areas: air-quality management, climate resilience, environmental economics, natural capital, urban environment, sustainable transport, and liveable cities.
Reporting to the Programme Director, the Senior Research Officer is required to conduct scientific/policy research, compile research reports, contribute to new proposals, prepare evaluation reports, write grant applications, contribute to submissions, and support stakeholder-engagement workshops and other related events.
Required Experience and Qualifications
· The ideal candidate will hold a master’s or PhD degree in environmental science and management, environmental economics, sustainable development, and public policy or related disciplines.
· At least five years’ experience in scientific/policy research and project management;
· Expertise in leading teams and building collaborative research projects;
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
· Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Cantonese, fluency in Putonghua is an advantage;
· Proficiency in computer skills, use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and infographics skills;
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills; and
· Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and under pressure of deadlines.
We are looking for candidates who are strong communicators and team players. She/he should be independent, self-motivated, and target-oriented. She/he will be required to work across multiple disciplines.
Interested candidates should send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 August 2018:
· A cover letter highlighting the candidate’s strengths with explanation of their relevant experience and expertise;
· Full resume with current and expected salary;
· Two relevant writing samples; and
· Details of two people who are willing to act as referees. We will not contact these referees without your express permission. Please note that reference checks may be conducted prior to face-to-face interviews.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. All personal data collected will be treated with strict confidence and used for recruitment purpose only. Civic Exchange is an equal opportunity employer.